News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Questions
| | |-+  username mishaps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: username mishaps  (Read 4160 times)
ElHombreMuchoMacho
« on: 2010-01-17 09:44 (Sun) »

I create one username on this forum. It allows me.  When I try to create player on test server, it says username too long and will not accept truncated name.  I change profile on here to shorter user name and it accepts, I try to use new user name on test server and it gives error (be sure user name and password are correct).

I tried to go to "bug tracker" but the page does not load.  Where do I report this and what do I do in the interim?

Thank you.
kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-17 15:57 (Sun) »

What's your current in-game name? I could ask Krayon or Korrode to change your forum name to be the same as your in-game name.

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-17 18:35 (Sun) »

I create one username on this forum. It allows me.  When I try to create player on test server, it says username too long and will not accept truncated name.
As we are using the existing EL client at this stage, we are limited to the same length usernames as normal EL (which is 15 I believe).  I should probably change the forums to limit to this length for now :/

I change profile on here to shorter user name and it accepts, I try to use new user name on test server and it gives error (be sure user name and password are correct).
Yes I just noticed you'd created 3 forum accounts.  Once you have created a forum account, you should then be able to use the Create New User screen to define your new character, using your forum account username and password.

If this is what you are doing, I would check to see if you are logging onto the correct server.  What message is displayed when you connect?

I tried to go to "bug tracker" but the page does not load.  Where do I report this and what do I do in the interim?
It should be working fine.  What error do you get?  If it's something about the certificate, that is due to the fact that your browser does not have my trusted authority in their list of trusted authorities Tongue  I use CACert ( http://www.cacert.org ).  You can add the certificate to your "trusted" list if you like which will allow you to access any of the Quadronyx HTTPS sites (this is not a security compromise as the certificate is only for our domain - you can verify this in the details of the certificate).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length