News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Questions
| | |-+  Healing potions - to cooldown, or not to cooldown
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Healing potions - to cooldown, or not to cooldown  (Read 15240 times)
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008-11-29 17:24 (Sat) »

What I was expecting from Astrology was something far more interesting.

Astrological events would be predictable, by skill, cost, knowledge, or luck.  Events could/would tie to places, types, tasks, times.

For example, you predict that in 3 days in the 3rd hour a conjunction of two bodies will occur over a location.  The properties of the two bodies combine to give an effect, centred on that place and time (and diminishing with distance).  This affects certain tasks in a powerful way -- say, the chance to create an exotic item not normally obtainable.

This way, astrology is something that you can play, rather than are just subject to.
That'll teach me to use the word "never" (in the FAQs post).  Here I was thinking there's NO way astrology could be good but there's some good ideas here.  I'll have to change it to "probably never" Tongue

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-11-29 19:50 (Sat) »

I think astrology is fine.. if it is Voluntary.

Like on EL you have to take Skeptic perk to not be affected.

but i think you should have to take a perk TO be affected by astrology..

like astrology exists.. but if you dont 'believe' in it. then you dont have to take the perk.

if you do. then you take the perk. and you gain the benifits of "good astro". with the negative side effects of "bad astro".

that way its a personal choice if you want to take that risk....

i would also say that you couldnt get rid of it with a reset.... but you COULD take some form of the skeptic perk. to remove it..

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length