News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Questions
| | |-+  About the "Real Game"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: About the "Real Game"  (Read 7043 times)
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2008-11-12 12:03 (Wed) »

When we are done with the demos and such, how will it all be different?

1. Will we have NPC's that sell different items?

2. Will we be using those same maps?

3. Will only the combat system be changed, and the other skills stay the same?

4. How many more Demos will we have, if any? (fighting, ranging, magic, and ....)
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-12 12:06 (Wed) »

oh yeah, what about attributes cap, will we have one?
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-12 12:36 (Wed) »

When we are done with the demos and such, how will it all be different?

1. Will we have NPC's that sell different items?
Yes, but, it will be cheaper to buy from players who manufacture these items. (although one way or another, reasonable lower player sell prices will be set (still the only thing i can think of is NPC buy price @ ~ingreds cost). I don't like how in EL Manufacturer's and such cant make a profit)

2. Will we be using those same maps?
Yes, and many more, although the order in which the maps connect and which map you start on will change.

There'll be all new items with all new recipes (but that's not to say some of them wont be similar to EL's... if it makes sense, we'll use it) We're also throwing around ideas on how to make the lives of non-combatants a lot more interesting and exciting (without necessarily introducing the risk of death Tongue )

4. How many more Demos will we have, if any? (fighting, ranging, magic, and ....)
This is probably some Krayon is better to answer, but i'd expect there'll be 4 tech demos (fighting, ranging, summoning, magic) and then once all those combat systems are operable, the game will be launched as an alpha.

We can add new items as we come up with them, sell them at NPC's until we figure our ingreds, etc. ...so i dont see why the game cant go alpha once the combat systems are working ok.

oh yeah, what about attributes cap, will we have one?
No. I would change the attribute system and soft-reset everyone before i'd introduce an attribute cap.

The requirement for a cap clearly says that some attributes are overpowered. We'd address the core of the problem, rather then slapping on a cap.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-12 12:37 (Wed) by Korrode » Logged

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-12 21:12 (Wed) »

Korrode summed it up about right.  Of course the effects of items will probably be the MOST different from EL.  Rings will most likely be an equipable item for example.

As far as skills are concerned, there's a fair bit of change with them although the major change is probably that if you can do one to it's fullest extent, you can do them all.  Any nexuses pertinent to a "Potioner" will be just as needed for a "Manufacturer". SEE BELOW FOR CORRECTION

As Korrode stated, the demos (at the moment) are named after and oriented towards, the fighting skills.  That said, some of the other skills may be developed along the way such as Harvesting and Manufacturing.

EDIT: Strike through for correction below.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-14 22:04 (Fri) by krayon » Logged

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-13 02:43 (Thu) »

This game is totally gonna kick EL's a$$
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-14 22:03 (Fri) »

As far as skills are concerned, there's a fair bit of change with them although the major change is probably that if you can do one to it's fullest extent, you can do them all.  Any nexuses pertinent to a "Potioner" will be just as needed for a "Manufacturer".

Sorry to all that read that Embarrassed  What it SHOULD have said was:

As far as non-combat skills are concerned, there's a fair bit of change with them although the major change is probably that if you can do one to it's fullest extent, you can do them all.  Any nexuses pertinent to a "Potioner" will be just as needed for a "Manufacturer".

The important thing here is that the combat skills are not part of this.  You DO choose a direction with them via Nexuses and in fact the non-combat skills are another direction entirely ( as explained on the main site: http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/QELServ/Nexuses ).  Put simply, to be able to do everything related to Potioning, you will NOT be able to do everything related to fighting and vice-versa.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

This game is totally gonna kick EL's a$$

Feel free to take that back now Sad

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-26 02:54 (Wed) »

Nah, it will still probably be better.
SenZon
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-28 01:13 (Fri) »

Well when is the 'real' serv gonna be launched ?
(lies im just testing if my new ava works Tongue)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length