News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Questions
| | |-+  What has been done and what is still being worked on?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What has been done and what is still being worked on?  (Read 9139 times)
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2009-07-10 23:06 (Fri) »

Im not sure many people still check these forums, but what so far has been fixed, and what still needs to be done on the ranging demo?
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-14 02:40 (Tue) »

Alas once again I have shirked my responsibilities in working on the server.  I have begun work aggressively again the last day or two and hope this can continue for at least the next 12 more.

As far as the state of the server, that would be up to interpretation.  There are two versions that exist - a quick hack (the original) and a new "ideal" one that's a lot nicer and more flexible etc.  The one people have been playing up until now is the quick hack only.  The end game will hopefully be the ideal server in all it's "glory".

That being said, hopefully soon there will be a server based on the original that will be running full time and people will be able to play on that.  It'll not be complete as far as features but you'll at least be able to have a bit of fun (I hope).

To elaborate a little more, what I'm working on right now is:
  1. Trading - This is almost complete.
  2. Admin functions - There are many still to complete to allow for flexibility etc however these are a lower priority as one can always hit the backend if needed.
  3. Finishing Multi-combat - This still has a bit of work related to the numbers etc
  4. Making a nicer NPC communications system - This is a lower priority but would be good.
  5. Make 2 handed equip items not allow shield etc Tongue
  6. Better path-finding when navigating around players - currently pretty crap Sad
  7. 1 or 2 little bugs.

Once the above are done (with the exception of maybe 2 and 4) we should have something somewhat more functional.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-14 02:48 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-15 23:40 (Wed) »

hell yeah, glad to see this actually being worked on, and not thrown away like eternal fights.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-17 06:43 (Fri) »

Well, trading is almost done - just gotta do the finishing touches (like making sure you don't loose your stuff if you discon during trading Tongue ).  Delayed slightly as I got sidetracked for a while and made some horses wandering around that you can "capture" Tongue

(BIG version: http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/media/horses01.jpg (790 x 562))
(BIG version: http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/media/horses02.jpg (790 x 562))
« Last Edit: 2009-09-22 20:29 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-18 00:41 (Sat) »

high five o/\o

how exactly do we "capture" them? click use i suppose? and are they attackable? Do we dismount when we initiate combat on it?

Also:
could we stay on the horses, and get an extra boost to attributes? or maybe the horses be like "armor" and take hits for us until their health is gone? dont worry about this now, but maybe in the future it could be added?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-18 00:46 (Sat) by collardhills » Logged
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-18 02:05 (Sat) »

Nice Horses, + I second that. Horses Taking Damage would be a good idea, then you could say, 'remote heal' them or 'Heal pet' or something like that to get their health back up.
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-18 02:24 (Sat) »

Nice Horses, + I second that. Horses Taking Damage would be a good idea, then you could say, 'remote heal' them or 'Heal pet' or something like that to get their health back up.

i dont know if remote healing them would be good, bcus the person would never take damage, yet still be hitting the other person, and vice versa if the other person had a horse. Unless the horses cost money to ride on (but beings they are "wild" that cant rly happen)
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-18 07:10 (Sat) »

how exactly do we "capture" them? click use i suppose? and are they attackable? Do we dismount when we initiate combat on it?
At the moment (as I just hacked it up) you "use" them.  But I was saying to Korrode that we could have it so you have to beat them to a low enough health and then use an item to "tame" them.  They could even have not much health so you'd have to fight them bare fist (or use the "creature taming gloves" (leather)).  Then, once they have almost no health left you wip on the lasso and BAM ... you've got a little friend Smiley  This could of course work on various other wildlife too.

I was envisaging someone riding into "town" and leaving their horse in the stable as they go get a drink at the Saloon ... ehem I mean Tavern Wink  See, no reason they couldn't be capture-able by others once they are yours using the same methods above (horse wranglers anyone).

could we stay on the horses, and get an extra boost to attributes? or maybe the horses be like "armor" and take hits for us until their health is gone? dont worry about this now, but maybe in the future it could be added?
I hadn't thought of anything like this as yet but that might be doable.  Obviously they can't make like too easy but they could be used for various things.  I like both those ideas though, armor and/or attribute booster.

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-20 07:29 (Mon) »

idk about the horses able to be "stolen" from u once u own them... korrode would only take mine :S
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-24 09:48 (Fri) »

Korrode is evil like that yeah, but your horse could take a percentage of damage (say on a /roll counter of between 0% and 35% damage), and you recieve the rest, whilst taking other penalties such as strength (as you're mounted).... and the idea of your horse being stolen could have a random chance aswell, such as however much your horse "likes" you wether it'll resist being 'stolen' or not. Some nice idea's popping out all over the place, im sure this game'll do MUCH better than EL. Smiley
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-24 23:06 (Fri) »

we can only hope Grin
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-25 01:20 (Sat) »

we can only hope Grin
Indeed Cheesy