News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Gods
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gods  (Read 6722 times)
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« on: 2009-08-24 06:43 (Mon) »

This is just a SHORT suggestion of mine.

Gods; each one seperated by their past or mind set/personality.       <See Storyline By Endor Vaeros, Its not that bad tbh.>

Each God, like EL, can be given a set skill to be the God of.

But instead of picking the God when you're half way through the game/just getting the hang of it, you have the choice to pay hommage to a God from the BEGINNING.

This will surely give you a headstart on which way you want to go (Resource Hoader/Fighter/Mage, etc etc.)

Your god all decides on your "STATUS" in the Economy Hierachy. Each Place in the hiearchy is given its own bonus'/deductions such as Evil could be 30% chance for a NPC to to sell to you but, you get +2 Armor Bonus PER Defensive item equiped.

This is up to you to decide what pro's/cons are given to each selected place in the hierachy.

• Lawful
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Evil

Each Part in the economy is set to certain god(s).
(This is just an idea i just put random gods into random places this can be finalized depeneding on how "Good" or "evil" you think the god is.)
  • Lawful      - Ocenyia
  • Good        - Etos
  • Neutral    <No God>
  • Bad          - Amtus
  • Evil           - Zain

Then the respected god gives you partnered bonus' or whatever is planned.

But If you choose the god from the START, you maybe start at rank 0 (instead of current rank -2) so you do NOT loose any exp.

Thanks For reading

~KiiD~

« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 06:46 (Mon) by KiDCrusheR » Logged
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-31 22:12 (Mon) »

~Hump The Bump~

Forums are dying yet again Sad(

c'mon guys, stick with it.
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-04 16:05 (Fri) »

Yes they are but i mean alot of people cant wait this long kind of lame because patience's is a virtue  when it comes to stuff like that but if they rush then the game comes out all bugged but if the players rush then the they just annoy  people

If you want to run with the best be prepared to die like the rest

[RIP] rest in peices
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-05 02:46 (Sat) »

Yes they are but i mean alot of people cant wait this long kind of lame because patience's is a virtue  when it comes to stuff like that but if they rush then the game comes out all bugged but if the players rush then the they just annoy  people

Google the term BETA.

Beta is basically looking FOR BUGS. so they can get the basics so people have SOME idea of what progress is being made, any bugs the DEV's have missed etc. That is what i'd like to be involved in.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-08 05:06 (Tue) »

DAMNIT!  I wrote a massive reply on the train and lost it Cry  Lets try again:

Forums are dying yet again Sad(

c'mon guys, stick with it.
Sorry I didn't reply to your post but to be honest it's because I don't really have an opinion on this.  Tongue  It does sound reasonable to me however.  Not much thought has been put into Gods (except by the ub3r EndorVaeros that is).

When I started writing this, my motivations were purely "hey, this EL thing is kind of cute, and it's an open source (sort of) client which is interesting..., wonder if I could write a server for it".  I put together some code for fun and showed Korrode.  I hadn't told anyone about it at all and was just screwing around with the idea of all.  At some point Eternal Fights was announced and there seemed to be interest in another/more servers.  I then decided that I would finish a complete server and put it online for anyone who wanted to play.  At that point, I set up the website and (eventually) forums and started letting everyone know what I was up to.

Sadly, it would seem that despite the fact that NOTHING has changed since I started developing this, as you say some people seem to be unwilling to wait.  It would seem that by mentioning it and having this site/forums etc, an expectation was created for quick delivery ( or perhaps it was that I kept saying "soon" ... my bad Tongue ).  Regardless, I'm still doing what I'm doing and getting there (albeit slowly).

The speed of delivery is for a few reasons.  Firstly this was a hack, a proof of concept if you will.  It was not "planned" as such, nor very structured in it's design.  This leads to mass, frequent re-writes as one tries to later improve what's been done.  Every part has been re-written at least once and whilst I'm still developing this Frankenstein's Monster of a server, I'm also working on a new, well designed, much better one in tandem.  This obviously adds to the delays.

Did I expect to have a full working game by now, probably not, but I did expect to be MUCH further along.  Cry

Google the term BETA.

Beta is basically looking FOR BUGS. so they can get the basics so people have SOME idea of what progress is being made, any bugs the DEV's have missed etc. That is what i'd like to be involved in.
Yes, this is absolutely correct and is why the server has been run in the past.  We had a server up for a while (long enough that MrGray to get to 54 OA Tongue) and was able to fix and identify many bugs as a result.  It also allowed for tuning and redesigning of Korrode's fighting system.  This was invaluable.  Unfortunately the "game" isn't really ready enough for Beta status as yet.

What's happening now?

Right now I'm working through a todo list that once complete, will allow us to put up the "combat mini-game" as a full time server.  This server will be basically Korrode's fighting system (melee only not ranging, summoning or mage...ing for now) + multi-combat + trading + buying/selling items from NPCs + creatures etc and that's about it.  It will make Korrode happy and probably lead to no more help from him... ever Wink  It will also allow for people who care or want to to play around and try stuffs out.

I am then continuing to pursue the other missing pieces such as manufacturing and the other skills (ranging, summoning, maging etc) and all the other stuff that needs to be done.  There's bits of work done on most systems but all these others aren't complete (ranging doesn't show arrows for example).

To provide more resolution, I've setup a new bug tracker that will be publicly accessible (unlike my current internal only one).  This will allow people to post bugs that are found and easily see what's going on.  It will be available in the next day or two I hope (just got to double check some things to ensure no vulnerabilities in it).  This will also track planned features (and hence my current  todo list).  There's also a Roadmap to see what's coming next etc.  The tasks/bugs have a vote system too so people can vote for features they want to see next.

Um, OK well, that's pretty much what I wrote on the train I think, more or less, although it's 5am here and I think I might have written it clearer and bettererer earlier but oh well, shit happens Wink

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-08 06:04 (Tue) »

Sadly, it would seem that despite the fact that NOTHING has changed since I started developing this, as you say some people seem to be unwilling to wait.
Just wanted to clarify, what I mean here is that there's still no other servers using the Eternal Lands client for people to play and a server is no more or less acceptable than before.  The environment hasn't changed at all and therefore anyone's feelings towards this is most likely due to knowing about it for so long only.  OK I think I just complicated that further - that's what happens when you're posting at 6am.  Tongue

KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-09 06:47 (Wed) »

Well, For one, all i can say IS;
Thank you.

Atleast we're informed (whatever the time maybe Tongue), and tbh whatever you say, people are going to have to Like/Lump it for now, right? <unless they wanna try to juggle a job/recreational GAME making in the little ammount of spare time you have?>

Okay Okay,

NOW for your comment on my suggestion Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length