News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Possible Banner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible Banner  (Read 8457 times)
EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2009-09-09 12:49 (Wed) »

After kicking some things around with Krayon, I have come up with this for a possible banner (and a name, woot!) for the site. Let me know what you think.

In case you are wondering, the people in the banner are the gods from the story section.
[Top row, left to right: Hyriss, Zain, Etos (and his wolf-summon)]
[Bottom row, left to right: Ocenyia, Kovera, Amtus]

~Endor Vaeros: Storyteller
kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-09 13:16 (Wed) »

Looks pretty kickin, though I do wonder if the server name was/is going to stay Quadronyx EL Server...
either way, pr0 graphix.

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-09 16:15 (Wed) »

Looks pretty kickin, though I do wonder if the server name was/is going to stay Quadronyx EL Server...

I recall Krayon saying on a few different occasions that "Quadronyx" was a temporary name. That he wanted to give the server a real name eventually. BTW, I have shown this to him before postin git here. ^.^ Just wanting to know what everyone else thinks of it.

KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-12 01:02 (Sat) »

I think that banner is hot, the descriptions you've made fit what they look like aswell, NICE one.

Timeless Era Is a great name.... It makes you think of a place where everything/anything is possible, because you have ALL the time you need. =)
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-14 09:12 (Mon) »

either way, pr0 graphix.

FWIW, "QELServ" is essentially just a literal description of the "game" rather than a name.  It is on abreviation of "Quadronyx Eternal Lands Server" where Quadronyx is the name of a group that has existed for some time of which Korrode and I are the main members Tongue

So the end goal was indeed to have a name for "the game" as such.  Anyone else with ideas feel free to suggest them (though EndorVaeros' ideas are pretty uber) Wink.

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-14 18:18 (Mon) »

I agree, I think EndorVaeros pin-pointed a great name, and an awesome banner to go with it Cheesy
Although, I think that an Decimator on the Orchan god would look much meaner than the flamberge. Tongue but that's just my pov :>

The Decimator looks the meanest of all swords, again imo. Which fits in better with this epic god Zain Cheesy
Zain has been called many things... wrathful, unpredictable, spiteful, unbalanced, judgmental. Only other gods have dared call him this to his face, though, for all these things do describe the god of fighters. Why would anyone worship such a god? Some do out of fear, others do because they want the massive amounts of power that he grants those loyal to him, few others are not even aware of this god's ever vigilant hand in what they do.

I guess after reading most of the gods and their storylines, the ruthless fighter is my favorite Smiley

Edit: That being said, I think EndorVaeros has done an absolute beauty of a job in storylines, and gods.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-14 18:19 (Mon) by bigkav » Logged

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-15 04:49 (Tue) »

Bigkav,
You are right. The Decimator WOULD look much more upber on him. When I actually get individual screenies of all of them for thier "profiles" to go on the main page, I will give him that weapon. That screenshot was taken months and months ago and if that weapon was there when the screen was taken, I didn't see it.

I appreciate what you said about the job I am doing. When I get a bit more time, I will give everyone even more stories. ^.^

That being said, anyone tries to steal the names of my gods for their character names on the forums or ingame... and I will PK them. Be warned. ^.^

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-15 14:12 (Tue) »

The Decimator WOULD look much more upber on him.
[...]
That screenshot was taken months and months ago and if that weapon was there when the screen was taken, I didn't see it.
It probably wasn't around then Tongue

That being said, anyone tries to steal the names of my gods for their character names on the forums or ingame... and I will PK them. Be warned. ^.^
Can't actually ... they are reserved names Wink

KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-16 02:24 (Wed) »

The Decimator WOULD look much more upber on him.
[...]
That screenshot was taken months and months ago and if that weapon was there when the screen was taken, I didn't see it.
It probably wasn't around then Tongue

Can't actually ... they are reserved names Wink

What about look-alikes? Cheesy for Zain you could have ZAlN (which looks like zain but in caps, when infact it is ZALN) Grin just gotta be careful, there will always be one person who will figure out a way to make it look alike Grin
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-17 06:26 (Thu) »

What about look-alikes? Cheesy for Zain you could have ZAlN (which looks like zain but in caps, when infact it is ZALN) Grin just gotta be careful, there will always be one person who will figure out a way to make it look alike Grin
True ... at least in game (if they appear) their name will look different (colour and/or pre/post-fix) so they'll be distinguishable.  Plus GODS could always be made to kill you on sight, that'll allow you to easily identify them Tongue

KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-17 07:06 (Thu) »

True True Grin On Normal EL. Mortos Killed me like a fool during an invasion in KF. "Missclick" >.<
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length