News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  SPEEED amulet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SPEEED amulet  (Read 6611 times)
daiske12
New

View Profile
« on: 2010-01-30 06:33 (Sat) »

Well, considering that i've broken at least 5 of em, i'm thinking that you we need to put what you are wearing somewhere on the screen ( just a list) to remind you what you are wearing and see what ring/medallion you are wearing.

Also will SPEEED amulet be sold by TIm Shaw for like 11kgc?

Then I thought about what Meds can rings can do. so here is some thoughts about my rings.

The Hally Set.

Hally Ring- Increases your dexterity (the one where you hit more) by 5%, but when worn with the Med, it gives you 10%, but your toughness is decreased by 3%

Hally Med- same as Hally Ring

Hally Spell- When you have all 3 componets of the hally set, Hally, Hally ring, and hally med: you can combine all the increases and decreases into the Hally, MAKING IT THE ULTIMATE BLU EYES...........uh <insert cool name>

I'm not sure about this idea, seeming that Hally is already pretty powerful, so maybe this could happen with the weaker swords to help boost them up to equal the dmg and such of the Hally and maybe OS.
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-30 06:38 (Sat) »

Well, considering that i've broken at least 5 of em, i'm thinking that you we need to put what you are wearing somewhere on the screen ( just a list) to remind you what you are wearing and see what ring/medallion you are wearing.

Also will SPEEED amulet be sold by TIm Shaw for like 11kgc?

Then I thought about what Meds can rings can do. so here is some thoughts about my rings.

The Hally Set.

Hally Ring- Increases your dexterity (the one where you hit more) by 5%, but when worn with the Med, it gives you 10%, but your toughness is decreased by 3%

Hally Med- same as Hally Ring

Hally Spell- When you have all 3 componets of the hally set, Hally, Hally ring, and hally med: you can combine all the increases and decreases into the Hally, MAKING IT THE ULTIMATE BLU EYES...........uh <insert cool name>

I'm not sure about this idea, seeming that Hally is already pretty powerful, so maybe this could happen with the weaker swords to help boost them up to equal the dmg and such of the Hally and maybe OS.

If you have your inventory window open and you're actively switching between weapons/rings/armor while PKing, then you should see that the amulet is on.  If you're talking about when mob hunting, I agree and have lost quite a few when "training".

I'm not sure where this list could be placed.  Perhaps just lower the break rate?  Or make Tim Shaw sell them for low to mid price?

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-30 10:10 (Sat) »

I doubt the SPEEED amulet will be in LoW or TE, I'm pretty sure it was to make getting to a-b faster for testing.

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

daiske12
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-30 10:46 (Sat) »

well, can we have it for free now for testing Cheesy.

So we won't be able run in LoW?
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-30 12:30 (Sat) »

1. ANY AND ALL breakrates are currently preliminary, some of them are still set to figures we put in place just to test that the breaks system was working.

2. The above said, the speed amulet break rate may not be changing much, cause i want people to be able to run on LoW, but i don't want it to make escaping in PK too easy... basically; it breaks easy, so don't fight with it on.

Having "THE ULTIMATE" anything is exactly the opposite of what's trying to be achieved.
There will be no equivalent to EL's Bronze Sword in QELServ, ever.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-30 13:09 (Sat) »

1. ANY AND ALL breakrates are currently preliminary, some of them are still set to figures we put in place just to test that the breaks system was working.
Correct.  Further the SPEEED amulet is even named something funny because it too was only created to test something (specifically the buff system).  It was never designed to be left in game as kavvie said however there's probably no reason we COULDN'T have it ... except for TE maybe where ideally I wanted riding horses to have a point (such as getting from A to B faster).

Having "THE ULTIMATE" anything is exactly the opposite of what's trying to be achieved.
There will be no equivalent to EL's Bronze Sword in QELServ, ever.
\o/ YAY!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length