News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Leave server up after Ranging demo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leave server up after Ranging demo  (Read 5125 times)
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« on: 2009-01-25 07:59 (Sun) »

is it possible that when the ranging comes out to leave up the server tell you all are done with hte next one then update it? i was just wondering about that

(EDIT by Krayon: Meaningful topic)
« Last Edit: 2009-04-10 00:01 (Fri) by krayon » Logged

If you want to run with the best be prepared to die like the rest

[RIP] rest in peices
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-03 06:52 (Tue) »

OK no response so delete it

If you want to run with the best be prepared to die like the rest

[RIP] rest in peices
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-13 11:25 (Fri) »

is it possible that when the ranging comes out to leave up the server tell you all are done with hte next one then update it? i was just wondering about that
This may be a possibility.  The reason I decided to take it down in between was for many reasons, some of which no longer apply:
  1. The server was running at my house (in fact on my personal PC) and it would use a fair amount of resources etc.  It now runs elsewhere.
  2. The statement was made that barring any MAJOR changes, BetaWulf's would be able to "keep" any levels they gained from testing the server.  If the server was left on permanently, they would be WAY to powerful (this is evident in that I only left it up for a few weeks (IIRC) and people made some serious levels ... crazy bastards).
  3. Also due to the above (2), certain bugs in the game currently would allow people to gain very high levels too easily.  This also includes changes made in the game to make it quicker and easier for the testers to get up and running.  Specific changes such as many more creatures than there will be as well as (gold dropping) creatures dropping more gold than they should.

There's probably more that I can't remember right now too Tongue

But we'll just have to see how it goes... perhaps we could just run it for a week, then save a copy of the players data and later roll back to that... dunno.

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-18 04:20 (Sat) »

or make a cap... people can train to whatever lv they want, but when the new demo comes out, it will be reset to the capped lv.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-24 04:09 (Fri) »

FWIW: The main server may or may not stay up after it next officially comes up but most likely what will be happening first is a miniture version of QELServ will be operational.  It will effectively be a simple game with very limited "stuff" but it'll be something at least Undecided

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length