News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Idea for a opening Story Line
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idea for a opening Story Line  (Read 10306 times)
RunTime
Betawulf
New

View Profile WWW
« on: 2009-04-18 06:03 (Sat) »

This world was once a peaceful place, no monsters or enemies. And no Magic! But alas that was nearly a century ago. When the Great War was started, over such a petty little thing as that box. Of  course who knew what kind of power was held in that tiny little thing. You have not heard of the Box?! Good Gods, where have you been? New arrival You say?  Ahh, well then I shall tell you the short history of the Box. It all started a century ago when (insert characters name here) uncovered an ancient buriel ground, deep inside was this little golden box hidden away for who knows how long. Once found who ever held the box would not let go of it unless it was wrestled from their grip. Soon fights broke out for the box, and then battles where fought. Thus began the Great War....

Here is a very basic example of what I am thinking. If yall like this train of thought I can add more details and finish it because atm that is about 1/3 of what I am thinking. If yall hate it lmk and I can come up with another idea.

~RunTime

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-18 06:54 (Sat) »

I'm a fan of epic story where i know the very origins to the very end... i'd want to hear more about where this box originally came from and who made it.

TBH though, we've had someone working on mythology and backstory for sometime now; EndorVaeros.

Hopefully she'll see this and perhaps you can coordinate some efforts with her Smiley

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
RunTime
Betawulf
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-18 06:59 (Sat) »

I'm a fan of epic story where i know the very origins to the very end... i'd want to hear more about where this box originally came from and who made it.

TBH though, we've had someone working on mythology and backstory for sometime now; EndorVaeros.

Hopefully she'll see this and perhaps you can coordinate some efforts with her Smiley

If she would like my help I would be more than willing, and like I said it was something I thought of and what you asked is very easy and simple to add. Well sorta :p

EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-18 14:27 (Sat) »

I'm more than happy for help, send me a PM if you are still willing to help, and I will let you know how to get in contact with me.

~Endor Vaeros: Storyteller
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-24 04:31 (Fri) »

I, for one, really want there to be a nice rich back, current, and future story.  Quests will hopefully be storyline driven etc too Cheesy

I suck and therefore have been calling for others to contribute.  I would encourage anyone with ideas to post and discuss them here in the forums so that we might collaborate together and be all mushy and gooey and make a truly awesome story.

Having said that, as long as Morpheus and Neo are in it, oh and aliens and a spaceship, I'm happy.

... that was a joke btw...

... (unless it can be done) Grin

RunTime
Betawulf
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-04-24 05:59 (Fri) »

I started working with EndorVaeros, and will be working on some back history for the game. lol Aliens? Could be doable :p

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009-04-24 19:28 (Fri) »

lol Aliens? Could be doable :p
So, not much a challenge eh...  Undecided ... In that case... instead I want.... MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!111111111111111

RunTime
Betawulf
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009-04-25 00:30 (Sat) »

So, not much a challenge eh...  Undecided ... In that case... instead I want.... MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!111111111111111

Lmao Marshmallow man? That might not work, but I like a challange Tongue

EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-04-25 08:11 (Sat) »

Krayon, you should know better than to tempt me. Tongue Do not doubt that I will make a marshmallow man, just for you. Tongue

Rehdon
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-04-29 01:36 (Wed) »

I'm also interested in working on the story line, race backgrounds, etc. Let me know you need help and/or would like to discuss your ideas.

Rehdon
EndorVaeros
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-04-29 16:24 (Wed) »

I'm also interested in working on the story line, race backgrounds, etc. Let me know you need help and/or would like to discuss your ideas.

Rehdon

I am willing to accept help from anyone who is willing to take the initiative to PM me first.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009-04-30 22:40 (Thu) »

I am willing to accept help from anyone who is willing to take the initiative to PM me first.
Perhaps we should have a storyline section so that people can discuss ideas and flesh it out, without the need to resort to one on one communication.  That would be more efficient, transparent and we'd have a permanent record then.

Thoughts?

Rehdon
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-02 03:18 (Sat) »

Perhaps we should have a storyline section so that people can discuss ideas and flesh it out, without the need to resort to one on one communication.  That would be more efficient, transparent and we'd have a permanent record then.

Thoughts?

Good idea. Also, if you find it interesting the idea I proposed of "basic principles" of the game world I could draft something so that it can be discussed.

Rehdon
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-23 01:25 (Sat) »

How are you going to explain the differet races in game?

The dreagoni for example... did a human and dragon get it on? Tongue

I always wondered about some of the things in EL, here is pretty much no story... just fight and make stuff.

I like in runescape where there are quests and such to do, and i have heard the same from WoW. I would love to have such quests in game, not so much for the bonuses, but the story itself ^^
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length