News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Recycling
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recycling  (Read 4715 times)
Deodand
New

View Profile
« on: 2009-04-20 03:44 (Mon) »

Another short little idea here.. but..

It seems to me that it'd make good sense if manu-ers could render down some "finished items" and re-claim certain of the raw materials.

IE, you technically could take a sword, add fire essences and coal, and get the steel bars back out of it... if you had the appropriate skills.   Probably with a percentage of loss due to processing, of course.

If one combined that with some of my comments earlier about visibly armed mobs dropping the gear that they visibly have on them...

Even if it's a piece of crap rusty sword and helm, it would likely still be usable to render down into a few bars of steel, iron, what have you.

I think this'd be kinda fun, personally.. having a "scrapper" option for people to play.
dmi
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-20 09:32 (Mon) »

This is a nice idea. I think it could even be a skill it self Wink

Recycling: The higher your level the safer to recycle some item of certain level (lower chance of failing). And may be the higher your level the more stuff you recycle.

Example, something that uses 10 iron bars, 5 steel bars, 3 leathers and 4 threads, some one with recycling 10 would be able to get only the leather and the threads, some one with recycling 20 the same plus the iron bars, and some one with 30 the same plus the steel bars.

RunTime
Betawulf
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-21 22:12 (Tue) »

Very nice idea, would be a nice addition to the other skills.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-24 04:38 (Fri) »

I agree that is a good idea.  In the event of items tracking degradation (not sure about this yet) you would get progressively less back as it degraded.  You could also have repair as part of this too I guess.

I also liked the idea of creatures dropping "world sense" items.  I'm not sure if Korrode's current levels would support this however as his allocated levels might be too much even for the most basic sword.

What's limiting us here is the models.  Unless someone model'y can make some, we are stuck to what's currently in EL.  The only other 2 options I can think are to either just to make a "icon" and have the sword non-equippable or use the existing icon and model but have it show different name/stats when looking at it/equipping etc.  Neither of these are ideal though Sad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length