News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Topics
| | |-+  hi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hi  (Read 8219 times)
_Mia_
hi
« on: 2008-11-10 02:27 (Mon) »

;)I  like be able to play and waiting for some on update it so i play with my friends lady/pink/senzonand others

thank you _Mia_
FrySlan
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-10 02:36 (Mon) »

Yo _Mia_  Grin

Chill ... Cool
shadow
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-10 03:03 (Mon) »

hey Tongue
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-10 04:27 (Mon) »

hi Mia  Smiley
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-10 09:43 (Mon) »

ok Mia you've been set betawulf Smiley

Mia is probably the last person we'll be setting betawulf during this tech demo.

oh, and we're probably shutting down the server in a couple of days... but we'll be back soon enough with the ranging tech demo (and once ranging has been well tested, if we have another map ready, i'll prolly drop in the next batch of monsters and tier 2 fighter equipment)

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
FrySlan
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-11 03:58 (Tue) »

ok Mia you've been set betawulf Smiley

Mia is probably the last person we'll be setting betawulf during this tech demo.

oh, and we're probably shutting down the server in a couple of days... but we'll be back soon enough with the ranging tech demo (and once ranging has been well tested, if we have another map ready, i'll prolly drop in the next batch of monsters and tier 2 fighter equipment)

Not fair, IMO. 
Why?
Becouse, there were MORE ppl >BEFORE< _Mia_ who even POSTED to ask
if they could be a BetaWulf. And they still aint BetaWulfs... Roll Eyes

http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=6.15

Reply:  #17 , #19   (wondering WHY reply #18 is a BetaWulf now, and 17# not..)

Chill ... Cool
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-11 17:36 (Tue) »

wondering WHY reply #18 is a BetaWulf now, and 17# not..)
Perhaps because being a betawulf is not and never was meant to be something that was open to everyone.

From the Official "QELServ Fighter Tech Demo" announcement:
Still, the server is operational and people will be no doubt able to try it out soon.  Please register your interest and your account may be upgraded to allow access.
(emphasis mine)

The fighter tech demo was meant to last for no more than 48 hours and was meant to just be a few friends and acquaintances of mine.

The Betawulf approval process so far has been something like:

Quote from: Conversation in our kitchen
Krayon: "Some guy named Fryslan signed up on forums."
*Korrode thinks to himself: ya frys is long time EL player, experienced fighter, could bring some good ideas to the table*
Korrode: "Ya he's ok we set betawulf"

The immediate interest in this project has been greater than expected, and due to the good feedback and bug reports we've received, the time period of this demo has been greatly extended, but it's not an 'open game'.

That said, due to the amount of people that have been set Betawulf, i can understand it being perceived as 'unfair' when not everyone is being set as such, which is why i'm suggesting to Krayon that our next tech demo simply be open for all.
It's been great fun and very helpful having so many people logged in, but it's also resulted in the beginnings of a community, and the problems that come along with it (issues of purposeful path blocking, bagjumping, etc.), of which we're not really equipped to deal with as yet.

Anyways, we will always try to be as fair as possible. With the risk of our current approval process becoming unfair (or at least, perceived as such), combined with people advancing their characters much further than we wanted for this demo, i think the best thing we can do is re-asses the approval process for the next one and shut down the server (of which i'll be avidly suggesting Krayon do when he gets back in ~30 mins).

It's better for everyone that it gets shut down sooner rather than later anyways. The sooner it gets shut down, the sooner it will be back up with a preliminary ranging implementation and the next batch of creatures and equipment.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
FrySlan
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-12 03:24 (Wed) »

Ok, but no one could tell them that? Undecided

Chill ... Cool
KiDCrusheR
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-05 06:15 (Fri) »

I reckon, you should let all become BetaWulfs, but limit how many people can be logged in while testing at any one time, which would solve the problem of, "I WANNA BE BETAWULF?"

Any one agree?
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-12-05 06:37 (Fri) »

NO i dont
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008-12-05 14:03 (Fri) »

I reckon, you should let all become BetaWulfs, but limit how many people can be logged in while testing at any one time, which would solve the problem of, "I WANNA BE BETAWULF?"
This isn't really a problem anymore anyway as we'll most likely make future tech demos open for all.  We didn't originally expect such attention so early on in the project.  Now that this has been observed I see no other option than to open it to all.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length