News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Cooldown idea
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cooldown idea  (Read 6347 times)
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2008-11-02 12:38 (Sun) »

I remember days in EL before cooldown was implamented.. i liked it.. though i do like cooldown on certain items.

i think it would be cool to only have cooldown on certain thigns. like rings. and mana/health potions... since they affect PK..

i think everything else should have no cooldown
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-02 13:14 (Sun) »

what kind of items are considered 'non-pk' items other than food?

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Spidi
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-02 23:08 (Sun) »

potions of harvesting? ^^
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-02 23:56 (Sun) »

I think cooldown need only be implemented when absolutely necessary.  Maybe potions of healing or particular things that you don't want to be used to closely in succession.  At the moment these items are yet to be defined however Tongue

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-03 04:30 (Mon) »

ok. yea.. food would be the only thing..so i guess no cooldown on food would be nice..
Spidi
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-03 05:31 (Mon) »

But Potions of feasting from npc is part of the economy Smiley
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-03 07:43 (Mon) »

i tend to agree with spidi.

unless we're only going to have 1 kind of food, then food needs cooldown, or everyone will just use the cheapest food they can get, never anything else.

probably 90% of items that could have cooldown applied also give some kind of benefit in PK, as such some cooldown will be applied to them, although probably not as longer cooldown time as similar items in EL have.

I'm thinking too 'inside the EL box' with that last statement. We plan to have items that do a lot of different, cool stuff for non-combatants, so it prolly wont be "90% of items that could have cooldown applied will".

As Krayon said, it'll be applied where necessary to maintain balance in all aspects of the game Wink
« Last Edit: 2008-11-03 07:59 (Mon) by Korrode » Logged

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length