News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Topics
| | |-+  Hey
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 18655 times)
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
Hey
« on: 2009-10-30 13:24 (Fri) »

The news say testing now but i cant connect any advice?

If you want to run with the best be prepared to die like the rest

[RIP] rest in peices
kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-30 16:26 (Fri) »

What server are you trying to connect to? You'll need to download new maps and update your server.lst file. Just wait a few more days, I hear Korrode is making a handy dandy installer for windows users. Korr or Fallen will probably post a guide here soon when they are ready, they both have jobs and an rl and can be busy like us all Tongue

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-30 16:49 (Fri) »

Yes i downloaded maps i dont understand how to get the el startup to qel only thing i didnt understand if i can get it i dont mind waiting a couple more day's waited this long hehe Great Job guys

[RIP] rest in peices
kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-30 18:10 (Fri) »

Copy this into your servers.lst in wherever you installed EL.
http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/servers.lst  

Then; You will need these maps in your EL maps directory:
  (for Windows) http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/qelserv-maps.20090412.zip
  (for Linux etc) http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/qelserv-maps.20090412.tgz

next, it's best to make a shortcut or know how to use the "run" command.
  (for my XP box atm) "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" qelserv-dev
basically it's "wherever you installed it\Eternal Lands\el.exe" spacethentheservernameyourtryingtoconnectohere
  (yes, when you click on properties on your el.exe or w/e, it will have the ' " ' where the target is, and then all you need to do is put a space and the target server after it)
  (say for EL's test server) "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" test
the bolded, is the target server.

after that, if the server is up and available for current testing you'll be able to log in/make new char there using your forum name/pass. but seeing as it's being run off Krayon's ADSL atm he'll take it down every now and then when he hasn't got anything specific to test. I'm also not sure if only betawulf testers will be able to make a toon using their forum account/pass or normal forum users will be able also. I'll ask krayon to have a look at this thread though.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-03 03:57 (Tue) by bigkav » Logged

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-02 18:50 (Mon) »

Yea i cant get it to work im not too good with computer can it maybe me or somthing else i dont know

[RIP] rest in peices
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-02 19:00 (Mon) »

I'll be booting to Windows tonight for some LAN gaming, so good excuse for me to make an installation pack ;p

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-02 23:52 (Mon) »

That would be pretty cool and hey i look at it this way one more thing off your list to do atleast for now

[RIP] rest in peices
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-11-03 06:21 (Tue) »

Ok i've made a Windows installer.
http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=14.0

Note though, that the server is not currently running. Tongue

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
RipBigMan
Almost Timely

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-11-03 11:53 (Tue) »

Thanks alot for that kinda technological impaired...Mind sending me a email of when the server is up and when it will be shut back down if you do make sure to include you time zone so i no what to add or subtract

[RIP] rest in peices
MrGray
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-11-04 22:20 (Wed) »

you damned biatches tested w/o me Sad Tongue

i'm deep in studies again  Cry i'll try to catch a few mins of LoW testing(i need to be uber lucky tbh cuz i can try once every few days  Cry)

nice to see things are getting done Cheesy i'll be on "next week"(you know what i mean Tongue)

Not everything that counts can be counted,and not everything that can be counted counts.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009-11-05 02:41 (Thu) »

Mind sending me a email of when the server is up and when it will be shut back down if you do make sure to include you time zone so i no what to add or subtract
Generally when there's testing to be done, it's not very planned Undecided  I generally just find some people who are around though the testing then usually lasts at least 8 hours for that session Tongue

If you would like to be informed, and you use Instant Messaging, feel free to add me to your roster thingy.  The most reliable and preferable is XMPP (also known as Jabber).  If you use gTalk and/or have a gmail account, this is what they use and you can simply add me using the XMPP ID below.  I also have transports running that allow my XMPP server to talk to other IM protocols and though these are not my preferred method, I will list them also:

(dodgy undesirable IM networks below)

I will be coming up with a more reliable way of registering interest and being notified of testing etc at a later stage, but for now, just IM me your interest and I'll be sure to let you know Wink

you damned biatches tested w/o me Sad Tongue

i'm deep in studies again  Cry i'll try to catch a few mins of LoW testing(i need to be uber lucky tbh cuz i can try once every few days Cry)

nice to see things are getting done Cheesy i'll be on "next week"(you know what i mean Tongue)
MrGray!  I'm sorry! :S  If you give me some heads up as to when you'll be around, I might be able to need some testing done then Wink

EDIT: Fixed bad addresses
« Last Edit: 2009-11-07 21:36 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009-11-05 05:59 (Thu) »

(dodgy undesirable IM networks below)

This reminded me that the Yahoo and MSN transports on my XMPP server weren't working so after much effort, they are again now Smiley  BTW, if you don't use GoogleTalk / gmail Google IM, feel free to create an account on my XMPP server, see here for more info: http://quadronyx.com.au/jabber/

EDIT: Fixed bad addresses
« Last Edit: 2009-11-07 21:37 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

MrGray
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-11-10 22:27 (Tue) »

i will be around for a WHOLE(!) week starting from next monday(11.16 Tongue) pls pls let me test a little i'll love you forever Cheesy

Not everything that counts can be counted,and not everything that can be counted counts.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009-11-11 13:22 (Wed) »

i will be around for a WHOLE(!) week starting from next monday(11.16 Tongue) pls pls let me test a little i'll love you forever Cheesy
Well, as it happens next week I'm on call, which means working from home between the hours of 17:00 - 09:00 AEST (06:00 - 22:00 UTC).  I think we'll be able to find something to test during that time Wink

MrGray
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-11-11 20:49 (Wed) »

Shocked Kiss Tongue I connected to mumble server now I'm ready for testing Cheesy Cheesy but first need to do final studies till monday  Angry

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length