News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Topics
| | |-+  Help Needed?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Needed?  (Read 6372 times)
Liq
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2008-10-17 22:17 (Fri) »

Smiley

Do you guys need help with anything? Artwork for the Website/Forums, etc? Smiley

Just let me know, happy to help.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-18 14:32 (Sat) »

Do you guys need help with anything? Artwork for the Website/Forums, etc? Smiley

THANKS Liq!  Grin  We of course would appreciate any and all help from people.  The current team is only myself (software development and design) and Korrode (combat system and anything related such as item stats etc).

We do have a couple of maps made by Kwayver however he has expressed a reluctance to make more maps.  So we are in need of map people (we may have one other one though).

Apart from that, we could use any other help.  Models, textures, skins, artwork (as you say), and eventually storyline, quest and design ideas (MANY), ingredients definition (how do you make them), item definition (what do they do), ECONOMY (oh boy help someone please) etc.

In short... yes please Tongue  One thing that would stop anyone such as yourself producing any artwork for the site etc is probably the lack of a name!  The reason no name has been given is that believe it or not, no storyline or quest information has been fleshed out as yet.  Don't get me wrong, I hate games where the storyline and quests etc are an after thought, and this isn't the case - it's more that we defined what types of skills we wanted as fighting skills and how we wanted the game to be played.

So, um, that's where we're at.  ANYONE, please throw ANYTHING at us you please Smiley  The quicker all this gets sorted out, the quicker we can play!  Some more design information will be posted soon (next week or so) to give people more of an idea of where it's all going.  Please realise however (and I believe Korrode stated this elsewhere already) that apart from a few core components, we are happy to listen to everyone's opinions and are completely willing to change anything that is deemed unsuitable etc so don't be shy!  All we want is for "it" to be the best "it" can be, whatever "it" may be.... oh dear...

God I can drone on... sorry to anyone who made it all the way through that Embarrassed

Atlantis
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-27 00:51 (Mon) »

I would be interested in working on maps. Let me know what sort of designs you were thinking of and I will give it a try Smiley
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-27 23:31 (Mon) »

I would be interested in working on maps. Let me know what sort of designs you were thinking of and I will give it a try Smiley

That would be great!  We only have 2 tentative map makers at the moment.  Basically, as the storyline etc hasn't been fully mapped out as yet, coupled with the fact that we are currently operating within the bounds of the EL client, we are currently just requesting maps in general, without a specific objective.  The idea being that they can always be "tweaked" here and there as required later.

I would say some general forest/nature map(s) would be good, think not touched by civilisation type stuff probably.  We have a couple of towns (sort of) already so some more training/harvesting etc areas would probably be good.

One thing I think would be good is to avoid really big maps at this point.  As specially because we won't have many players initially and so more intimit surroundings would be good.  Also big maps load slow etc

Regarding harvestables, we haven't got any idea as to what will/won't be harvestable but I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.  Try to avoid TOO many items that EL shows a pickaxe for to start with just in case but some would be OK as they can be modified later as needed or made non-harvestable (or just left there as harvestable items of course).

Basically, I don't pretend to know what makes a good map, I would therefore be perfectly happy for people to just create some and as long as they are good enough etc they can be used (which is what happened with the current ones).

TO ANYONE ELSE... feel free to drop some ideas down etc for maps too.  I am sure many will have better ideas than I could come up with anyway!

grollach
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-30 05:47 (Thu) »

i need help geting my char on the game.will u help me
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-30 14:51 (Thu) »

i need help geting my char on the game.will u help me

The game has not been released to the public yet grollach.  Only a select few are testing right now.  There is no way for you to go in there right now and create a new character.  I'm not part of the testing either so I can't really tell you anymore info.  Just keeping my eye on this and inputting my two cents where I can.  Hope you do the same. Smiley

grollach
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-04 10:02 (Tue) »

o ok i was just trying cus my bro(jizzy) was on and i wanted to help to but its ok :)but if the makers will let me i would like to help out.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-04 11:17 (Tue) by grollach » Logged
kwayver
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-11 10:27 (Tue) »

That would be great!  We only have 2 tentative map makers at the moment.  Basically, as the storyline etc hasn't been fully mapped out as yet, coupled with the fact that we are currently operating within the bounds of the EL client, we are currently just requesting maps in general, without a specific objective.  The idea being that they can always be "tweaked" here and there as required later.

I would say some general forest/nature map(s) would be good, think not touched by civilisation type stuff probably.  We have a couple of towns (sort of) already so some more training/harvesting etc areas would probably be good.

One thing I think would be good is to avoid really big maps at this point.  As specially because we won't have many players initially and so more intimit surroundings would be good.  Also big maps load slow etc

Regarding harvestables, we haven't got any idea as to what will/won't be harvestable but I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.  Try to avoid TOO many items that EL shows a pickaxe for to start with just in case but some would be OK as they can be modified later as needed or made non-harvestable (or just left there as harvestable items of course).

Basically, I don't pretend to know what makes a good map, I would therefore be perfectly happy for people to just create some and as long as they are good enough etc they can be used (which is what happened with the current ones).

TO ANYONE ELSE... feel free to drop some ideas down etc for maps too.  I am sure many will have better ideas than I could come up with anyway!

alrite alrite im working on it!
sheesh bobbl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length