News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  My Suggestions and comments
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Suggestions and comments  (Read 15007 times)
masohp
New

View Profile
« on: 2010-01-20 08:00 (Wed) »

Gear from quests

I like the idea of gear from quests, not a normal quest, a long quest. Special gear, that is a little better then normal gear, but non trade-able non drop-able.  For example, you completed a quest, after long going back and forth betwen npcs, kill 50 this kill 50 that, bring me 200 this, bring me 100 that, you have to slay a certain monster at the end, maybe a black bear, and as a reward at the end, you get 20k atack exp and 20k defence exp, and a hunter sword. Hunter sword is like jagged saber stats, but maybe like + 5 evasion or something.

Boss

A boss that spawns every hour or so, maybe like 20k hp, and has 50% chance to drop tier1 items, 75% chance to drop tier2 items, 50% chance to drop tier3 items, 15% chance to drop tier4 items. An example of one could be a giant spider  named Tantona, with 25000 hp, in a cave in the desert map, he would spawn every 60 minutes after last death.

Dungeons

Dungeons, like instances, but with normal mobs but much more of them. All dungeon mobs would be aggressive. This would give reasons for people to have all types of diffrent builds for the purpose being effective in dungeons.  For example, in the dungeon there are 10 mobs all really close to each other, someone with a tank build, dodge and vit, would get them to attack him. Then the others would start attacking the mobs, with high end damage builds.

But then the tanker gets all the defence exp and the people with damage builds gets all the attack exp!?!?!?!?! (see partys/groups below)

Partys/Groups

When in a party/group the exp would be split, and would mostly be used in dungeons.  The way I had the exp splitting thing figured is if one person got 100 attack exp and you have 2 people in group, instead of 100 for 1 person, both would get 50. Maximum people for a party/group could be around 5. If you have 5 people you could have double the exp then normal, because it would be a perfect party/group (I actually got that from shaiya.) So if you would normally get 30 exp when you have 4 people, when you get the 5th, you would ge 60 exp. Partys will help in dungeons because dungeon mobs would be harder to take on by yourself, and because, even if its at half the exp per block as if you where soloing, you could take on 10 mobs in a party, as if you where soloing one mob. So its 5X faster. Drops would also be split, so if one person picks up a bag with 200gc in it and you have 5 people in a group, instead of one person getting 200gc, each would get 40. 
#edit can't party with someone that isnt within 10 a/d lvls

Dieing

When dead, you dont automatically appear at the beam.  You will see your dead boddy on the ground for 30 seconds before you go to beam (unless to type command #revive or something) you go straight to beam. Certain things will be able to revive you (See special stones)

Special stones

I had ideas for some of the special stones ingame. Reset stone, an expensive, rare stone, possibly a boss only drop, which resets you attributes but not your oa, so you have 60/60 oa, and you use reset stone, now you have 0/60 oa, and 60 pp (ofc there would be normal reset where you would have 0/0 oa.) I think 1 reset stone thats very rare is better then several semi rare stone that resets 1 point at a time.  The other stones could take the place of teleport rings, or revive someone who is dead, with half hp.  

Area attacks

Area attacks, simply attacking more then one enemy at once.  It could be a magic buff, or a ring, or a medalion. When the buff is in use, or the ring/med is on, your attacks deal damage to all mobs within 4 squares of you.  Or there could be a special quest item that has the ability to do damage to all enemys within 4 squares of you.

Diffrent possible magic spells

Well, Im not 100% sure if you plan on implanting damage spells, i dont think you will make any, but ill suggest some any ways.  15 second cool down  on damage spells.

Freeze-25 damage, freezes oponent for 3 seconds. 5% chance to cause freeze burn (5 damage every 10 seconds.)

Burn-20 damage every 20 seconds

Earthquake-50 damage, 10% chance to harm self, 10% chance to stun self or oponent, deals damage to anyone within 5 squares

Here are some ideas for possible buffs
+50hp for 5 minutes

+100hp for 10 minutes

+5def

+5attack

+5def for party/group

+5 atk for party/group

+10 def

+10 attack

+ 5 def for party/group

+10 atk for party/group

Heal (some crazy formula for how much you heal)

Heal party/group (some crazy formula for how much you will heal)

I think earthquake and heal for party/group will be a must have if partys/groups and dungeons are implented.

I understand that if these things ever are decided to be put into game, it would be a long long time.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-20 11:10 (Wed) by masohp » Logged

Like my signature and want your own?
Just tell me and ill make you one free.
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-20 08:20 (Wed) »

Thanks for the suggestions/ideas ^^

Some of what you've mentioned (specifically the Dungeons and Party system) we've already discussed and plan to implement in one form or another.

Quote from: masohp
I understand that if these things ever are decided to be put into game, it would be a long long time.
Actually those things could, and some of them will, be implemented relatively soon.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-20 08:26 (Wed) »

Gear from quests

I like the idea of gear from quests, not a normal quest, a long quest. Special gear, that is a little better then normal gear, but non trade-able non drop-able.  For example, you completed a quest, after long going back and forth betwen npcs, kill 50 this kill 50 that, bring me 200 this, bring me 100 that, you have to slay a certain monster at the end, maybe a black bear, and as a reward at the end, you get 20k atack exp and 20k defence exp, and a hunter sword. Hunter sword is like jagged saber stats, but maybe like + 5 evasion or something.

I love the idea of getting special equipment from quests.  After all for saving an entire village you should be rewarded with something more than you can get in the local blacksmith's shop.  You DID risk your life!

Although, personally I hate quests in games that are "Go kill 50 rabbits and bring me their furs."  And that's the entire quest.  What the <censored> is that?!?!  I enjoy a story line, something that makes me want to keep training, so it's not just an endless grind fest.  Of course you should kill monsters as quests, but at least make it interesting and for a purpose that is part of the entire story.

Boss

A boss that spawns every hour or so, maybe like 20k hp, and has 50% chance to drop tier1 items, 75% chance to drop tier2 items, 50% chance to drop tier3 items, 15% chance to drop tier4 items. An example of one could be a giant spider  named Tantona, with 25000 hp, in a cave in the desert map, he would spawn every 60 minutes after last death.

I think this is a great idea.  Sort of the king of all creatures that only the most elite can take down, and even then, it's still a challenge!  Such a creature should drop things very valuable of course, but in my opinion, make it extremely rare. 

Dungeons

Dungeons, like instances, but with normal mobs but much more of them. All dungeon mobs would be aggressive. This would give reasons for people to have all types of diffrent builds for the purpose being effective in dungeons.  For example, in the dungeon there are 10 mobs all really close to each other, someone with a tank build, dodge and vit, would get them to attack him. Then the others would start attacking the mobs, with high end damage builds.

But then the tanker gets all the defence exp and the people with damage builds gets all the attack exp!?!?!?!?! (see partys/groups below)

I can't say much since I've never participated in an Eternal Lands instance, but this does seem like a good idea.  It worked great for you and I lastnight when we took down the Cockatrice.  Even after the update you guys did to make them stronger, Mas and I switched builds.  He took all defence and I took all attack.  We were able to take down the Cockatrice without even fleeing once.  Though, I doubt this would really happen if there is going to be no #reset on the finished product.  No one would take an all defensive build that could only hit and 1 every time he scores a hit.  And no one would get an all attack build that can never dodge, or even absorb a hit from his/her opponent.

Partys/Groups

When in a party/group the exp would be split, and would mostly be used in dungeons.  The way I had the exp splitting thing figured is if one person got 100 attack exp and you have 2 people in group, instead of 100 for 1 person, both would get 50. Maximum people for a party/group could be around 5. If you have 5 people you could have double the exp then normal, because it would be a perfect party/group (I actually got that from shaiya.) So if you would normally get 30 exp when you have 4 people, when you get the 5th, you would ge 60 exp. Partys will help in dungeons because dungeon mobs would be harder to take on by yourself, and because, even if its at half the exp per block as if you where soloing, you could take on 10 mobs in a party, as if you where soloing one mob. So its 5X faster. Drops would also be split, so if one person picks up a bag with 200gc in it and you have 5 people in a group, instead of one person getting 200gc, each would get 40.

I would LOVE to see a party feature in the game.  Totally separate from the clans/guilds of course.  Seems like you could keep the original design of the guild system, and tweek it to make it work for a party system.

Koss: #make_party

System: Party created.  There are 4 available slots in your party remaining.

User 2: #join_party Koss

System: User 2 has joined your party.  There are 3 available slots in your party remaining.

<Several hours later>

User 2: #leave_party

System: User 2 has left your party.  There are 4 available slots in your party remaining.

Koss: #destroy_party

Make distribution of the EXP/loot equal of course.

Just my $0.02  Smiley

masohp
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-20 09:31 (Wed) »

Edited with a hell of a lot more ideas

Like my signature and want your own?
Just tell me and ill make you one free.
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-20 10:08 (Wed) »

Dieing

When dead, you dont automatically appear at the beam.  You will see your dead boddy on the ground for 30 seconds before you go to beam (unless to type command #revive or something) you go straight to beam. Certain things will be able to revive you (See special stones)
Yep we've talked about this sort of thing too, something like it will probably happen.

Special stones

I had ideas for some of the special stones ingame. Reset stone, an expensive, rare stone, possibly a boss only drop, which resets you attributes but not your oa, so you have 60/60 oa, and you use reset stone, now you have 0/60 oa, and 60 pp (ofc there would be normal reset where you would have 0/0 oa.) I think 1 reset stone thats very rare is better then several semi rare stone that resets 1 point at a time.  The other stones could take the place of teleport rings, or revive someone who is dead, with half hp.
There wont be any reset stone or even EL-style reset command.
The only way to change your attribs will be via removal stones. I'll be making sure there's plenty of removal stones coming into the game, they'll be cheap and easy to get.

Area attacks

Area attacks, simply attacking more then one enemy at once.  It could be a magic buff, or a ring, or a medalion. When the buff is in use, or the ring/med is on, your attacks deal damage to all mobs within 4 squares of you.  Or there could be a special quest item that has the ability to do damage to all enemys within 4 squares of you.
Sounds good, we'll look more into it a bit down the track.

Diffrent possible magic spells

Well, Im not 100% sure if you plan on implanting damage spells, i dont think you will make any,
Don't take the current lack of magic (or lack of anything) in QELServ as us not liking it, it'll often be just that it's not implemented yet. There's plans for well developed and balanced 'speciality combat orientations', including Mages, Summoners & Rangers.

Even for LoW i'd like to eventually see those implemented, they most certainly will be in TE... but it'll probably be a little while before we get to implementing that stuff, hopefully not too long.

<various spell suggestions>
Thanks for the ideas, most look good, we'll get deeper into it once the magic system is being actively developed.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-20 10:10 (Wed) by Korrode » Logged

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-20 10:16 (Wed) »

Gear from quests

I like the idea of gear from quests...
As Korrode said this was discussed and I too think it's not a bad idea.  For TE I was hoping we could have questing as a complete ALTERNATIVE to grinding in general however.  This would probably mean that THOSE quests at least would exist for the gaining of XP more so than a special drop.  Ideally someone not into quests could simply go grind for an hour and get their 5k xp or whatever, whilst someone doing a quest for an hour get's rewarded 5k xp.  That was the idea I was tossing around anyway.

Boss

A boss that spawns every hour or so...
That's pretty cool.  For LoW this could possibly work quite well.  Really easy to implement too Tongue

Dungeons

Dungeons, like instances, ...
http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=132.msg661

Parties/Groups

When in a party/group the exp would be split
See above link and this image: http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/serv/media/party01.png

That was a screeny from September 2007 where I was testing out a simple interface for partying up.

Regarding the shared XP, whilst I like the idea of sharing in general, I don't really like the idea of a high level player rushing a low level through by partying.

Shared drops was always a given of course, though I was thinking of dropping multiple bags.  Maybe the idea of the items being distributed somewhat more automatically might be an idea.

Dieing

When dead, you don't automatically appear at the beam....
For TE at least, I was toying with the idea of you becoming translucent like a ghost type thing on death.  Almost entering an near identical world/realm of the dead, yet you are still "there" (amongst your party mates or whatever).  You could then be magically revived right where you stand.  It could potentially be a valid state to be in to, as you could move around without fear of creatures attacking.  Of course there could be some special "dead" creatures that only exist in that realm hunting you also Wink

The main reason I thought of all the above was because there's no body models and we (as yet).

Kain_Meiz
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-25 07:41 (Mon) »

very good ideas Smiley

I only can add that QEL needs healing spell:/
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-25 10:08 (Mon) »

I only can add that QEL needs healing spell:/

Why?

The only healing spell(s) coming will only be powerful for mages. If you believe there's a problem with your current ability to heal as a melee fighter, please elaborate on the issue.
(I'm not saying there's not any issue, but I want to hear why you think there is.)
« Last Edit: 2010-01-25 10:11 (Mon) by Korrode » Logged

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-25 14:32 (Mon) »

He believes he needs another healing spell along with the healing potions so he can kill people with similar a/d 2v1-3v1 etc.

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-01-25 17:47 (Mon) »

Well, of course, some generic healing spell would give those opponents the same advantage, so the result would be the same.

I am considering some things to give a one off big health boost (by one off i mean once per fight, so it could be an item (still cheap so everyone would have) with say 5 minutes cooldown), just to make the fights generally a little longer and somewhat counter a run of bad luck with lucky/crit hits (to the point where they dictate fight outcome), but without creating a situation were people never die or are too hard to kill. My reasoning for this is that considering we have nothing like rostogol stones it may be annoying to be able to be quickly, repeatedly killed, and at least if the fight is longer it would simulate a feeling of "well i lost stuff but at least i fought long and hard".

I could also just lower the global lucky and crit rates in the combat roll, or make crit-dmg not completely disregard armor, but only disregard 50-70% of it.

All that said, i definitely don't feel i've partaken in and observed the system enough as it stands, and really the only times i've felt i was being killed "too" quickly is when i was being ganged by usually 3+ people (which is how it should be) or fighting one the 'extreme' builds we see players with atm. Thus I don't have plans to implement any of the above atm, especially not while certain other features are still unimplemented, such as a brief freeze effect on opponents when you use a sand bomb.

I still very much welcome any comments/feedback on the PvP or PvE system.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-25 17:58 (Mon) by Korrode » Logged

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-01-25 23:42 (Mon) »

Yeah, these extreme builds won't be used in LoW though.. but it's hard to test when everyone goes extreme builds to counter another.

Kain_Meiz
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010-01-26 08:16 (Tue) »

i only said to u, kaddy that u can easily be ganged by even 2 -20's a/d and much lower builded players with this cooldown of ghp.

I had idea to make healing spell (depending on magic lvl and need magic nexus like 2) and open for all. Fighters could have spells which impreove their a/d or critic rate (like berserk in diablo or smth like that) and mages could have attack and defense spells Wink

Tbh... try train with 80/80 and any build on mob like spider,slessar,leopard,goblin Tongue THey critic only some lower than bosses :/ anyway they all have over 120's a/d or what? they r much powerfull and anyway they drop not a lot :/ (i mean mobs not bosses)

Greetings,
Kain.
kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-01-26 08:58 (Tue) »

uh... i've trained them just fine at 80s a/d... i think more than anything you're having trouble with the attribute system. tell me, what were your attributes when you attempted to train them?

Kain_Meiz
New

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010-01-26 09:21 (Tue) »

i tried with 8 else builds. mostly(not all) were p/r/w p/r/i and r/w/i Wink Also i tried moderate build from all attribs.
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-01-26 09:47 (Tue) »

uh... i've trained them just fine at 80s a/d... i think more than anything you're having trouble with the attribute system. tell me, what were your attributes when you attempted to train them?

Yeah, that's because you forgot to take God mode off!  XD

Just kidding.

Yeah, these extreme builds won't be used in LoW though.. but it's hard to test when everyone goes extreme builds to counter another.

100% agreed.  So let's wrap up this testing <censored> and start for real!   Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length