News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Questions
| | |-+  Will Multiplay be allowed?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Multiplay be allowed?  (Read 7236 times)
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2008-11-11 11:18 (Tue) »

I know its a big question, and has a lot of pr0's and cons. But, as i play the PK server, i believe that multi-play is a good idea. Beings a fighter characetr wont have the nexus to make other st00f, he can/would only be able to sell his drops for gc to buy pots/ess/wep/arm ect, but if he didnt have those things to begin with, that would be a little hard.

But if there was multi play, a person could have a fighter, and a supplier for himself.

Idk what you guys think, or if you could let us vote on it, or try multiplay for a while, see how it works and go from there (when the time comes) but i think it would be a good thing overall Smiley
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-11 16:48 (Tue) »

Multiplay will be allowed until and if it is determined that it's effects are in some way seriously damaging. Smiley

Restriction of any kind will always be a last resort Wink

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-11 18:44 (Tue) »

Multiplay will be allowed until and if it is determined that it's effects are in some way seriously damaging. Smiley

Restriction of any kind will always be a last resort Wink

Here here!  I hope of course that people would first turn to an actual supplier type character controlled by someone else prior to creating their own as this will encourage community play instead of solo.  Korrode and I did discuss this and he expressed his interest in a player being able to do ONLY what they want to, nothing more.  This leads inevitably to multi being allowed, players being able to live off drops etc.

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-12 12:00 (Wed) »

\o/

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-12 20:57 (Wed) »

Oh about the allowed multi, each account will be allowed X extra characters registered for them where X is yet to be determined but will likely be somewhere between 1 and infinity.

(initially) You will simply use a web based GUI to add/remove characters to your account.

What account owns what character will most likely be private.

collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-13 02:45 (Thu) »

(initially) You will simply use a web based GUI to add/remove characters to your account.

huh?
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-13 06:00 (Thu) »

maybe i lack the time and effort to multi.. so ill use one char.. and still own everyone who multies Tongue
collardhills
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-14 05:06 (Fri) »

maybe i lack the time and effort to multi.. so ill use one char.. and still own everyone who multies Tongue

Shocked
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008-11-14 22:29 (Fri) »

huh?

1. Sign up on forum, getting forum account as initial character.
2. Use Create Character game screen (in the client) to define this initial character.
3. Login with this initial character and play.
4. Use web based page (not created yet) to assign a new character to your account.
5. Use Create Character game screen (in the client) to define this new character.
6. Login with this new character and play.
7. Goto 4.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length