News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  Development / Design
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  My first time : Feedback
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My first time : Feedback  (Read 4663 times)
Berni
New

View Profile
« on: 2009-10-30 12:43 (Fri) »

Hi !!

I had loads of fun doing some testing!! I'm going to keep testing too, it's just too fun lol.

I noticed a few things, dont know if this is the right place or not to say it, but it's feedback so i guess it's ok.

1. When u flee, you stand still a few sec's (sometimes longer), this is normal, I seemed to be doing that while fighting a monster with a few other people. I was not trying to flee. I believe it may have been some type of lag ?

2. When i type in local chat it seems to take like 2 seconds to appear on screen. Also, same thing happens if i clicked on a potion, took a few seconds to actually (drink) it.

3. When i kill a monster, i dont automatically step onto the bag nor does it open up automatically . Is that suppose to be like that ? (just wondering)

4. The cooldown on the potions was a bit annoying, i was getting my ass handed to me (rofl) , same with food (fruit). Any chance the cooldown can be less or removed even ? Maybe for the food removed , but for the potions i would ask less of a cooldown please.

5. I got stuck while trying to help someone kill a monster, i was behind the person and tried to click on what was in front of him that he was fighting. I could not turn or run away i had to actually #disconnect and log back on to move. Dunno why that happened.

6. I had a blast doing all this fighting stuff, am looking forward to doing some skill testing as well, like manu if you get that or crafing , and oooh magic too!!

7. it was fun getting my arse kicked and not losing my stuff, dropping stuff is a major turn off in "another game "  Wink  I did kill one person, after i reset and re-did pp's like 6 times lol. That's a great help to aid in the testing. I'm trying to find a guild build to do better testing Smiley

8. I have to say thanks to all the help from the crew on skype to get me there, i know it was a mjor headach Tongue, but thank you so much !! I had a ton of fun today. I'll be back for more mob bashing tomorrow !!

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-30 16:48 (Fri) »

Hello berni :> I'll be providing you with some answers this afternoon.

1. atm, when you resync you try to flee once, you shouldn't try to flee more then once. I don't know why it does it, it'll be fixed sooner or later though.

2. That could be because the server is currently running in australia, to be more precise from Korr & Fallens house. Unless you were hitting a faulty router or so on your way to connecting to the server. You could of been loosing some packets or so.

3. atm, yes it is. You need to step on the bag (Or press Home button once mob is dead). I don't think it has been, or even if it's going to be implemented yet.

4. The cooldowns were put on the potions to stop the fights from being endless, the mobs in QEL (not the training ones) you will need to have different builds. Say one gets a tank like build while the other gets a DPS build. You won't be able to effectively solo any boss.

5. Currently the path you were trying to take was taken, if you clicked to the side of that person you'd move and you could then engage the mob. That is a known bug.

6. At this time we are only able to test the combat system, as mixing skills have not been implemented. The mixing window DOES work though. (It's a work in progress, as what you were testing for was for the "combat mini game")

7. Dropping stuff is planned, although It won't be anything devastating. Korrode intends to have a system where you won't care too much if you die and if you PK someone and the drop will be decent enough to be worth it. I'll be able to tell you more once I remember what he told me about it XD

8. I didn't help so much with it on skype myself, was very much into the game at that time Tongue but yes, they are a great help and Ekzman having trouble with vista the day before made it easier for them to assist you. (Took us 3 hours to realize he had servers.lst instead of server.lst ... lol :<)

-kav Tongue

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-31 13:53 (Sat) »

Hello berni :> I'll be providing you with some answers this afternoon.
Don't you just rock BigKav Smiley

1. atm, when you resync you try to flee once, you shouldn't try to flee more then once. I don't know why it does it, it'll be fixed sooner or later though.
Yeah that's a side effect I think, I can probably track this one down.  If Berni was just referring to actual fleeing causing a delay, that'd probably just be the connection speed so I wouldn't worry.

2. That could be because the server is currently running in australia, to be more precise from Korr & Fallens house. Unless you were hitting a faulty router or so on your way to connecting to the server. You could of been loosing some packets or so.
Yep.  The real server is in America and is on a much better, faster and more reliable connection Tongue

3. atm, yes it is. You need to step on the bag (Or press Home button once mob is dead). I don't think it has been, or even if it's going to be implemented yet.
That is true, you don't move forward after a kill.  I hadn't decided if this behaviour should occur but I think Korrode was for it.  I guess I can't really see a reason not to (nor to the auto opening of the bag).  I think originally I was concerned about the bag dropped by large creatures when being taken out by multiple players.  By not stepping forward it'd give everyone a chance to get to it, not just the person dealing the final blow or whatever.  This is most likely going to be fixed in a different way however so it shouldn't be an issue.  In short, this will probably be done.

4. The cooldowns were put on the potions to stop the fights from being endless, the mobs in QEL (not the training ones) you will need to have different builds. Say one gets a tank like build while the other gets a DPS build. You won't be able to effectively solo any boss.
Unfortunately the cooldown's for healing potions will probably go up if anything, not down.  I'm assuming you were either fighting a player or creature beyond your levels, or a creature, as Kav suggests, is designed to be rather difficult, even for a group Cheesy

5. Currently the path you were trying to take was taken, if you clicked to the side of that person you'd move and you could then engage the mob. That is a known bug.
Yep, known bug, documented here: https://bugs.quadronyx.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3&project=1

6. At this time we are only able to test the combat system, as mixing skills have not been implemented. The mixing window DOES work though. (It's a work in progress, as what you were testing for was for the "combat mini game")
Yep, mixing pretty much works but no recipes have been defined.

7. Dropping stuff is planned, although It won't be anything devastating. Korrode intends to have a system where you won't care too much if you die and if you PK someone and the drop will be decent enough to be worth it. I'll be able to tell you more once I remember what he told me about it XD
Yep.

8. I didn't help so much with it on skype myself, was very much into the game at that time Tongue but yes, they are a great help and Ekzman having trouble with vista the day before made it easier for them to assist you. (Took us 3 hours to realize he had servers.lst instead of server.lst ... lol :<)
NOW this is the funniest bit!  It was a little frustrating, the server file.  Funniest thing here however is Kav got it wrong too Tongue pft ahahaha!  It's servers.lst not server.lst
« Last Edit: 2009-10-31 14:29 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

kavvie
Betawulf
Almost Timely

Beast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-01 01:18 (Sun) »

oops lmfao, that means my advice in the other thread is wrong... I told him to change it to server.lst not servers.lst ahaha... woopsie :x

I don't use ICQ/AIM/YIM. Only mumble/msn/xmpp so try to catch me there.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length