News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Official Announcements
| | |-+  QELServ Ranging Tech Demo Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QELServ Ranging Tech Demo Update  (Read 6506 times)
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« on: 2009-01-21 01:13 (Wed) »

... Stupid holidays Sad  Stupid Santa (bastard)... Stupid New Year, family etc ...

OK ... so I haven't done much on the server lately I know Sad but real life has been horribly demanding.  Since the server came down I have been working on some other aspects of the underlying fighting code and fixing a few bugs as well as implimenting Ranging and Multi-Combat.  I am fairly busy at work this week but HOPEFULLY this weekend I should get it all finished... though it might end up being worked on till next weekend Cry

I'm SO sorry to all those eager beavers out there.  Rest assured it'll (hopefully) be worth it when you can all gang up on me and shoot me from the Senzon Map(s) walls!

I'm sure meanwhile SenZon, Kwayver and maybe even MrGray and Kidberg are making some awesome new maps they'll share with us soon Tongue  Come on boys... just cause I'm slackin' off... Cheesy

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-21 01:19 (Wed) »

On a side note, it's a true honour to announce we now have 100 users on the forum.  That may not sound like much but it's not bad for a little piece of proof of concept code and a dinky little fighting system by Korrode Tongue (joke Korrode).

So, yeah, truehonour happens to be the lucky number 100.  Thanks to all of you for stickin' around... I hope we can one day give you what you deserve: A really fun game!

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-22 15:52 (Thu) »

krayon when u get home remind me to discuss final decisions about map layouts (like in relation to each other; world map) and we need to finalise about that new start map, remember the thin foresty corridor idea w/ some kind of tutorial NPC.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-22 16:57 (Thu) »

Here if a map maker could make something like this it'd be great... i put my uber MS Paint skillz to use and made a top down view of the kind of thing we want:

The green dots indicate trees, the gray strip indicates like a stone or rock path, the red dot in the north is a sign (like sign u click to change maps).

This is to be the new first map, where new players will start, they will start at the south end, so some kind of cool feature there for them to appear on/in front of would be good.

It's meant to be a long, narrow map... but not too narrow, still needs to have enough room for a few rabbits, brownies and newbies ;p ...prolly good to have trees dense at the outside (and no walkable tiles through the trees) but none at all dotted around, we dont want them getting in the way of the camera.

so yeah... if anyone wanted to make something like this it'd be great and appreciated Smiley

EDIT: Actually, looking at my little image again, the corridor looks too narrow and the trees not dense enough... it's just a vague example ;p use ur discretion Wink
« Last Edit: 2009-12-19 16:03 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-08 00:06 (Wed) »

Most of the coding for the ranging is now done.  At this stage the holdup will be the arrow firing animation in the client, specifically the speed at which they fire Sad  Still work continues... oh storage is done now too.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-05 21:37 (Tue) »

I've made a good enough map (for now) that Korrode suggested above.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length