News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  Development / Design
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Tech demo
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tech demo  (Read 25776 times)
Mango
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« on: 2008-10-27 10:15 (Mon) »

Looks very good. Like what you have done, when you enter the first town.

As far as I tested, it all it seems working properly.

I would just cut down a bit on the trees on the first place. It's just a little bit annoying for a new player to chase the little rodents with all the trees.

What can I comment more about.. def xp seems endless without fleeing  Tongue.

Oh and my #ping is around 900. But I heard that also will be solved over time.

As far as I know, there is no way of testing out the armor and weapons, since I didn't find a way to make gold coins yet. Wink

I'm off to bed now, keep the project going guys.
Liq
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-28 05:07 (Tue) »

I tested it too.

All seems fine, apart from the ping side of things, is a little laggy.. And the tree's too.. Is soemthing that makes EL a pain, lets have less tree's Cheesy

Looks good though, can't wait to test more.

Also, keep the P2P's free forever. Wink
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-28 08:30 (Tue) »

Great to have ppls testing Smiley

Just some info:

Due to some recent changes to the way certain types of exp is gained, i've had to re-setup creature stats. Right now i've only done up to foxes, and all stats are still very preliminary.

The way creatures spawn and their current locations wont be the same by beta stage, atm the town map has heaps of creatures on it, this is an example of something that doesn't make too much sense from a roleplay perspective and will change.
Which maps connect to where and what map you start on will all probably change.

Thanks to those that are testing and i hope you're having fun Smiley

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-28 11:34 (Tue) »

hey.. i logged on to test.. was fighting stuff and noticed a WS map flag.. went to it to use it.. then it shut down on me.. and i cannot log back in.. am i missing a .elm file or something.. i d/l the 3 i saw in another post.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-28 15:51 (Tue) »

hey.. i logged on to test.. was fighting stuff and noticed a WS map flag.. went to it to use it.. then it shut down on me.. and i cannot log back in.. am i missing a .elm file or something.. i d/l the 3 i saw in another post.

They should work fine as long as you have all 3 maps.  Maybe it's corrupt or something... The first map is kwayver1.elm, second is dustin1.elm and third is kwayver3.elm

For what it's worth, their MD5SUMs are:
Code:
  46dcc9e0e481161012010c34c267af27  /opt/el/maps/kwayver1.elm
  371d274864328befe3d96432b92b6648  /opt/el/maps/kwayver3.elm
  1fc602d3a3d5c47a1a6f21e56222b514  /opt/el/maps/dustin1.elm

Talixim
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-29 11:49 (Wed) »

omg korrode I wanna test  Shocked

but when i make a shortcut for qel and modify the program line it says something like it's not valid...help?
« Last Edit: 2008-10-29 12:02 (Wed) by Talixim » Logged
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-29 12:35 (Wed) »

Have u read Fallen's post here?
http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=7.msg19#msg19

once you've done that u need to run EL with the 'qelserv' parameter

like atm to goto test server u run:

el.exe test

you would run:
el.exe qelserv

You can prolly copy and paste this to your Run box, if u have the modified servers.lst file in your EL folder:

"C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" qelserv

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-29 12:38 (Wed) »

Ahh... Korrode beat me too it Sad  Well, I'm posting anyway as I went to all the trouble of typing it.

but when i make a shortcut for qel and modify the program line it says something like it's not valid...help?

Have you modified your server.lst file?  Or replaced it with the downloadable one?  If you have, you need to ensure that the link points to whatever it is for EL but with the server's name added to the end.  So if EL is:
Code:
  C:\Program Files\EL\el.exe
Then for QELServ it's:
Code:
  C:\Program Files\EL\el.exe qelserv

Note that the qelserv part refers directly to the name in the server.lst file so if you changed that name, then the link must be changed too.

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-29 14:45 (Wed) »

OK. i tested for a few hours today.. found a few bugs that i let krayon know of..

I like the basic concept of it all.. and at 1st i was really taken in by the leveling with the swords.. training a/d.. but when i get to a/d 18/9.. its kinda obvious that the training with swords completly outpowers your defence and makes it nearly impossible to lvl.. i even pvp'd with bigkav for a while and we could barely lvl def.. (and yes i trained with and without swords for long periods of time)

it would be good if it was fixed to lvl them a little more evenly..

well.. ive already talked to Krayon about the bigest bugs' and things i found... so no need to re post them here.. that was my only BIG thought on it all. other than that. really enjoyable and i played it for hours.

great job Smiley
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-10-29 15:12 (Wed) »

http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=11.0

in regards to def exps, check that out...

also, rationality exp bonus for def is quite good Wink

EDIT:
If after a while of playing myself and key testers agree def exp is coming in too slow, we'll see about making it so it can be earned faster.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-29 15:16 (Wed) by Korrode » Logged

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-10-29 15:40 (Wed) »

http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=11.0

in regards to def exps, check that out...

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-10-29 16:07 (Wed) »

you cant get into the "General Topics" section? o,O'

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-10-29 16:12 (Wed) »

ok seems someone didnt add their new "betawulfs" forum group to the ppls who could access some sections, lol.

Fixed Wink

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008-10-29 17:06 (Wed) »

ok seems someone didnt add their new "betawulfs" forum group to the ppls who could access some sections, lol.

Fixed Wink

Oh dear  Embarrassed

That's SLIGHTLY strange.  I figured groups would inherit "Guest" privs ... oh well, my bad.  Sorry to all the Betawulfs who could not access General Topics.

Thanks again to all that have been testing too!  It's great to have a community starting to develop.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008-10-29 23:47 (Wed) »

it would be good if it was fixed to lvl them a little more evenly..
Well, as you've no doubt read, def in our server is not the companion of att.  It's a cross the board skill.  But anyway, we can all see how it goes - modifications can be made if required.

well.. ive already talked to Krayon about the bigest bugs' and things i found... so no need to re post them here.. that was my only BIG thought on it all.
Those issues should be fixed now.  It was technically only 1 issue that then caused the other issue but I've fixed both regardless so if the first did occur again, the second would not.  Let me know if anything further develops.  (For those who didn't know, there was a bug allowing for cloning of items).

great job Smiley
Thanks!  And thank you for helping out Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length