News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  Development / Design
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Tech demo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tech demo  (Read 25516 times)
anima
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-10-30 04:25 (Thu) »

great work so far guys Smiley

i found a bug that you probably already know of but what the heck.

when i lagged out whilst fighting the creature i was fighting got stuck fighting and could no longer move or be attacked.

also is the double attack rate of the creatures whilst the player tries to flee a feature?
i seem to sometimes get server resyncs whilst trying to flee too.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-30 06:07 (Thu) by anima » Logged
Dilly
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-10-30 04:44 (Thu) »

I´m pleasantly surprised by what you got so far. Sure it's still a bit slow, and there's things to be done, and eeeks I got pwnt by an imp -.- but the starter island is a great place. I encountered anima's rat, it seems stuck in combat. Harvested some fruits and love that you're able to eat and just keep on harvesting. I hope it stays Tongue

Apart from that, I haven´t encountered any unexpected bugs so far, but will do some more testing later tonight or tomorrow Smiley
Talixim
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-10-30 06:20 (Thu) »

I seem to be an Admin/Bot Cheesy

When I created a character I get "TalixiM" in purple and "Admin" behind my name in yellow.

I don't get any exp when fighting and when I attack they just disappear. Also I cannot harvest anything.

If needed I will be a mod Cheesy
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-10-30 08:49 (Thu) »

waaa, pr0 bug lol

server's being restarted now, next time you log in you wont be in admin mode, and will actually be able to fight stuff Wink

EDIT:
and thanks Anima and Dilly Smiley
I believe Krayon is aware of that 'fighting stance bug', but if not, he'll see it here Smiley

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
Talixim
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-10-30 12:51 (Thu) »

aww dang no more teleporting
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008-10-30 15:34 (Thu) »

aww dang no more teleporting

Ah yes, you have had the exhilarating experience of moving around a map at high speed via teleportation, interacting with objects on the other side of the map, kicking creatures and other players merely by clicking on them etc

It's amazing what not toggling a little bit can do Tongue

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-10-30 23:48 (Thu) »

ok. i had a bug. that is fixed now i think. when some one is in admin mode. if i was fighting a monster and say krayon was next to me and kicked the monster i was fighting.. i would have 0 attack and OA.. then next time i fought a monster my attack and OA jumped to 179.... this is fixed... but my point.. when i had all that oa. i spent all the pickpoints.. i had 50 reasoning 40 sumthing vitality/will/instinct

with all that i was getting ~22 def exp from goblins.. though i was overpowering them with my monster attack.. the little def exp i 'did' get . was nice....

but my point.. it makes it alot easier to train def.. just pump up your reasoning and dont use a sword.... i understand that its seperate from attack.. so thats cool....

ohh and about the bug.. if you repeated the bug it put the players attack and OA to normal.
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-10-30 23:53 (Thu) »

with 50 reasoning you were only getting ~22 def exp per dodge from goblins? ...thats not right, lol, thx for report.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
anima
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-10-31 00:07 (Fri) »

as far as the bug jizzy found.

repeating it did not fix it as such, it just reset my att and oa to lvl 4, so i now have a negative amount of pps and a very unbalanced a/d.
Dilly
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-10-31 04:10 (Fri) »

got bones in two slots.

Makes sense that I couldn't merge them unless I dropped all in a bag on the ground and picked them up again. Will try and see if I can reproduce.
Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008-10-31 08:08 (Fri) »

with 50 reasoning you were only getting ~22 def exp per dodge from goblins? ...thats not right, lol, thx for report.

sry. i said that wrong.. it was 22 from imps.. 34 from gobs
Talixim
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008-10-31 13:14 (Fri) »

tech demo is looking sexy, I will definitely continue to play Smiley

I also like the nice amount of gc dropped by brownies, will be nice and simple for newbies to start off in the game. Just a small suggestion: instead of just dropping gold, I think less rare items such as some potions, essence, minor swords, and armour be dropped more frequently just to keep things more interesting. gc gets boring after a while.

keep up the good work.
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008-10-31 13:58 (Fri) »

got bones in two slots.

Makes sense that I couldn't merge them unless I dropped all in a bag on the ground and picked them up again. Will try and see if I can reproduce.

Yes sorry, this is a known issue.  This is caused by the fact that the item is equippable and stackable.  To my knowledge, EL had a slight issue with this in the past too.  Only 2 items in all of EL (I think) are like this, namely bones and sticks.

I will be sorting this out but as there is a work around, and it isn't a MAJOR bug, and the fix isn't really, really simple... it hasn't been done yet.

Jizzy
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008-11-01 03:28 (Sat) »

ok. i had a bug. that is fixed now i think. when some one is in admin mode. if i was fighting a monster and say krayon was next to me and kicked the monster i was fighting.. i would have 0 attack and OA.. then next time i fought a monster my attack and OA jumped to 179....

ohh and about the bug.. if you repeated the bug it put the players attack and OA to normal.

I duplicated this bug the same day it happened.. not only did i get umm.. forgot his name.. to do it to me.. but i did this to anima and that other guy too.. so this is 3 confirmed tries.
Zaer
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008-11-03 20:53 (Mon) »

all seems ok to me, gets slow at about 15/8 a/d though.

Just stuff already reported that I noticed. Lots of mobs around stuck in fight mode. When you flee mobs attack 2x as fast, pro for def training I guess :>

Also when you spawn when you die, if there is a rabbit/rat right in front of you you can't move out, and you can't kill them as they're underwater. afaik in EL you can click on the health bar to attack stuff. Just abit annoying when you have to wait there to move =p

Other than that I really like it, especially the exp system, gj Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length