News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  Development / Design
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Known bugs
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Known bugs  (Read 18520 times)
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« on: 2008-10-31 13:59 (Fri) »

This is a list of known bugs and their status.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-31 14:03 (Fri) »

FIXED

when i lagged out whilst fighting the creature i was fighting got stuck fighting and could no longer move or be attacked.

This doesn't sound right Tongue  I will look into this soon.  It applies to players and creatures:
I encountered anima's rat, it seems stuck in combat.

I believe this to be fixed now.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 22:49 (Wed) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-31 14:04 (Fri) »

FIXED ... NOT FIXED ... FIXED (I hope)

also is the double attack rate of the creatures whilst the player tries to flee a feature?
i seem to sometimes get server resyncs whilst trying to flee too.

This is a simple bug - will be fixed in the next 24 hours.

Turns out I wasn't getting it.  If a player is getting 22 def xp and they try to flee, it can start giving 44 def for the rest of the fight.  Further, once in this state, when getting hit they receive the normal def xp (22 in this example).

UPDATE:
After some preliminary testing with Senzon yesterday, it would appear that I've fixed this bug.  Please report any more occurances of this bug, or anything like it, if discovered while fighting players or creatures
« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 22:39 (Wed) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-31 14:06 (Fri) »

FIXED

I seem to be an Admin/Bot Cheesy

This is caused by Admin structure getting confused.  Fixed in the next 24 hours.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-01 12:22 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-31 14:09 (Fri) »

FIXED

when some one is in admin mode. if i was fighting a monster and say krayon was next to me and kicked the monster i was fighting.. i would have 0 attack and OA.. then next time i fought a monster my attack and OA jumped to 179.... this is fixed...
Nothing has been changed here so this could still be a bug.  Jizzy's char was fairly messed up though due to earlier bugs so it could have been a side effect to that.  Confirmation still required for this.

UPDATE:
I have performed some testing myself and it would seem that I've managed to fixed this one!  YAY!
« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 22:50 (Wed) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-31 14:10 (Fri) »

when i had all that oa. i spent all the pickpoints.. i had 50 reasoning 40 sumthing vitality/will/instinct

with all that i was getting ~22 def exp from goblins.. though i was overpowering them with my monster attack.. the little def exp i 'did' get . was nice....

but my point.. it makes it alot easier to train def.. just pump up your reasoning and dont use a sword....
Unconfirmed bug.  Again could be due to Jizzy's char being messed up.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-07 01:42 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-31 14:13 (Fri) »

FIXED

got bones in two slots.
Any item that is stackable and equippable has this issue.  If you have one bone in your inv and equip it, when you pick up another, it will be in your inv.  Then if you unequip the bone, you will have bones in 2 slots.

Another related bug is that equipping a stackable item, will equip ALL of that item, not 1.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-01 12:23 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-01 12:14 (Sat) »

FIXED

Looking at 3D objects in the game always returns "You are out of range"

There was a bug in the distance checker that was also effecting harvesting items.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-08 01:13 (Sat) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008-11-09 13:11 (Sun) »

FIXED

Whenever i am fighting anything... i can just sit in the middle of fighting. not a big problem, but not normal either.

No checks are performed when sit is requested atm.

UPDATE:
This has been fixed.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-14 23:35 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-10 18:01 (Mon) »

FIXED

I fought a goblin, tried to flee, clicked everywhere..so also on the cave entrance
and got out, BUT I was still 'fighting' in the next map.

This is no doubt the case.  Pretty easy to fix though Wink

UPDATE:
It was true that most actions were not checking for combat before getting processed.  This has been implemented now so if you come across any such strange behavior please report it.  Even admin beaming of players will exit combat Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009-04-14 23:35 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008-11-10 20:13 (Mon) »

FIXED

i would click the item out of the bag, and the item window would still be there, even after i moved around. I can provide a screenshot if necesary.

Bag removal on move appears to occur on ARRIVAL at destination... This was not intended and will be fixed soon.

UPDATE:
This should be all done now.  Anyone noticing bags not closing when they should please report it.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-14 23:36 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008-11-10 20:14 (Mon) »

FIXED

i also found out that you can harvest and fight at the same time.

This will be fixed soon too.

UPDATE:
This is complete.  You should not be able to harvest while fighting, nor fight while harvesting Tongue  (though technically an attempt to harvest causes a flee attempt whilst fighting).

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008-11-11 18:47 (Tue) »

FIXED

I found out that you could beam here (cool) and did so in the middle of fighting, and i ended up still fighting when i beamed, and got xp while doing so. Upon return to that spot, i found the bag/dead monster. I can provide a screenshot, but im pretty sure everyone could do this upon fighting something.

Yes atm #beam me will not stop ANY action you are performing.  This actually includes harvesting, fighting etc.  Easily fixed Smiley

UPDATE:
This should be all fixed now.  Any further such issues - please report them.

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008-11-12 02:57 (Wed) »

Disconnecting the client while in battle will cause a flee to occur.  This should probably work like EL where the player will stay in combat regardless in order to avoid this being used as a tactic.

NOTE: Bug moved to tracker: https://bugs.quadronyx.org/?do=details&task_id=2
« Last Edit: 2009-09-22 05:25 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008-11-14 22:33 (Fri) »

It seems if you click somewhere, and someone/thing is next to you, or gets in your way (even in an open map) you just stop, until the thing moves. On main server, you move around the object/person whenever this happens. Could you implement the same thing here?

This is indeed the case as no actor checking occurs while navigating at this point.  At least not until it finds an actor in the next square in sequence.

NOTE: Bug moved to tracker: https://bugs.quadronyx.org/?do=details&task_id=3
« Last Edit: 2009-09-22 06:24 (Tue) by krayon » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length