News: QELServ based combat mini-game (Lands Of War) 0.0.2 in testing NOW!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
+  QELServ Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Topics
| | |-+  trouble connecting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trouble connecting  (Read 9513 times)
Divine
New

View Profile
« on: 2010-02-05 07:09 (Fri) »

i get the disconnected close window trying to log onto test?

any info is greatly appreciated

Divine
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2010-02-05 07:37 (Fri) »

Divine, Divine, Divine ...

Test QELServ Server Status
TEST Quadronyx EL Server (QELServ) is currently offline.

(5 hours, 41 minutes, 33 seconds ago)

http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/QELServ/Server

'tis down my friend!   Wink

Edit: Provided link.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-05 07:41 (Fri) by Koss » Logged

Divine
New

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-02-05 07:59 (Fri) »

know by any chance when it will be up? Cheesy
Kratos
New

Wake up! :P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-02-05 08:31 (Fri) »

Probably next week. Remember that server won't get 100% uptime, because it's "pre-pre-alpha" phase (hehe, small ingame quote).

#Edit
For sure - I mean that this is not playable version, but just for test some features, and to delete few bugs, etc. If u know what pre-alpha means, just don't read this "edit"
« Last Edit: 2010-02-05 08:34 (Fri) by Kratos » Logged

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-02-05 16:05 (Fri) »

Probably next week. Remember that server won't get 100% uptime, because it's "pre-pre-alpha" phase (hehe, small ingame quote).

#Edit
For sure - I mean that this is not playable version, but just for test some features, and to delete few bugs, etc. If u know what pre-alpha means, just don't read this "edit"

Yes.  For those who did not see it ...

* Message from krayon: Server will now be closed until further testing is required (which will most likely be launch, most likely in ~7 days)

* Message from krayon: Thank you for all your helpz Smiley

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-02-05 16:28 (Fri) »

imo Krayon is probably being just a tad over-optimistic, i'd think there'll be another round of testing after some changes are made to how players heal (some of you may have caught some discussion about it in-game), and that testing may be open to all (again), or it may only be a select group of testers.

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
daiske12
New

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-02-06 05:40 (Sat) »

imo Krayon is probably being just a tad over-optimistic, i'd think there'll be another round of testing after some changes are made to how players heal (some of you may have caught some discussion about it in-game), and that testing may be open to all (again), or it may only be a select group of testers.

what does Krayon mean by launch? like launch of full game??

Koss
Betawulf
New

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-02-06 06:21 (Sat) »

what does Krayon mean by launch? like launch of full game??

Launch of Lands of War most likely.  For those that are still having trouble understanding the differences between TE and LoW, here is a great quote from Krayon in another topic.

There are currently plans for 2 different servers/games that will run QELServ software, each configured differently. They are called Timeless Era (TE) and Lands of War (LoW). The LoW server is a 'Level capped PvE+PvP combat server', and due to the combat technologies being currently more developed than other elements, the LoW server will be launched sooner than the TE server. The TE server is considered the 'full QELServ' product and will strive to be a very broad and complete game, with equal emphasis on combat and non-combat elements (BOTH of these will be completely free to play).

In your opinion Korrode, how long do you think this testing will take?

Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-02-06 13:11 (Sat) »

Well i think testing of PvP and PvE after changes to healing will be relatively brief, my biggest question is how long until the changes will/can be implemented.

Some of the stuff i consider a requirement before LoW can be launched:
  • Opponent briefly freezes after sand bomb use
  • Attribute boost potions
  • Health Potions having no cooldown but requiring food + balance changes to food amount/cooldown
  • Known ways to make people lag/re-sync with server fixed
  • Properly working storage
  • Intelligent creature spawning (provisions to ensure that even if a map has a bug, it doesn't screw them up)
  • Properly working channel system
  • Degrading Equipment
  • Trading
  • Limited sight range
  • Mapwalking around actors
  • Issues related to stackable items fixed
  • ...probably some more stuff too Tongue

Until all that is addressed, personally I wouldn't want to launch, hence why i'm quite sceptical about "7 days" ;p

I really have no idea how long it will all take, i guess a few weeks, maybe 2 months, Krayon would best to answer tho.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-06 13:12 (Sat) by Korrode » Logged

"Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realising that your concept of the problem was wrong." - Eric S. Raymond
krayon
Administrator
Timely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010-02-07 22:34 (Sun) »

Some of the stuff i consider a requirement before LoW can be launched:
  • Opponent briefly freezes after sand bomb use
  • Attribute boost potions
  • Health Potions having no cooldown but requiring food + balance changes to food amount/cooldown
  • Known ways to make people lag/re-sync with server fixed
  • Properly working storage
  • Intelligent creature spawning (provisions to ensure that even if a map has a bug, it doesn't screw them up)
  • Properly working channel system
  • Degrading Equipment
  • Trading
  • Limited sight range
  • Mapwalking around actors
  • Issues related to stackable items fixed
  • ...probably some more stuff too Tongue

Until all that is addressed, personally I wouldn't want to launch, hence why i'm quite sceptical about "7 days" ;p

I really have no idea how long it will all take, i guess a few weeks, maybe 2 months, Krayon would best to answer tho.
Well, I don't completely agree with that list but regardless, time permitting, I don't see it taking 2 months Tongue  I should have been clearer though I suppose, the server will likely be back up in a soon (1 - 5) days however whether or not that'll be "launch" of alpha depends on how far I get Wink

daiske12
New

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-02-07 23:39 (Sun) »

i'm really confused.

first, it would be nice if i knew what

Beta:
Alpha:

mean, i sorda get the idea, but i'm not 100% sure. I know they r greek words.

Then, are you guys really close to launching the full game?
Korrode
Administrator
Timely

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-02-08 01:35 (Mon) »

i'm really confused.

first, it would be nice if i knew what

Beta:
Alpha:

mean, i sorda get the idea, but i'm not 100% sure. I know they r greek words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Then, are you guys really close to launching the full game?
The "full game"... well, that would be Timeless Era... no, we're ages away from launching that, probably 1 year+.

The 'cut-down, combat oriented mini-game', Lands of War, is close to launch... for a little more detail, see the 3rd last question here:
http://qelserv.quadronyx.org/forums/index.php?topic=25.0

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length